Sunday, 27 April 2014

An Amazing Friendship.


If anyone had asked me 2 months ago who my best friends were, I would’ve named a billion girls. But not a single guy. It’s not that I don’t like them or talk to them. I just never came across a guy who was good enough to be a best friend. Someone I could tell everything to knowing he wouldn’t tell it to anyone, someone who would make me laugh all the time, and also someone with whom I could have a deep conversation pouring my heart out.

There was this huge group of guys in my section in class 6. I never paid any special attention to them. I didn’t have a reason to. Amongst them was a guy named Pratyush. All I knew about him was he was the ex-junior head boy.

I joined Facebook about 2 months back. That’s when we started talking. And we haven’t stopped since. He seemed to be the most perfect guy best friend a girl could ask for. And yes, that’s what we became. Best friends.

The problem with our country is most of the people are sexist idiots. They don’t understand that a guy and a girl who are inseparable don’t have to be dating or don’t have to like each other. Pretty soon, rumors about the two of us spread like wildfire in school. But we didn’t give a damn about them. We didn’t have a reason to. That guy was and is someone I tell EVERYTHING to. Things that I previously couldn’t tell my best friends were the things I told him.  Our friendship is so amazing that we even knew each other’s Facebook passwords. :O :P

Over time, I realized that I liked him. But you know what? When I told him, he was totally cool about it. Some people I know would’ve freaked out if they got to know and would’ve stopped talking. But he wasn’t like that. He continued joking and laughing like he didn’t know. And I’ll be eternally grateful to him for that. :) 

I don’t know if he’ll be reading this, because I’m not going to give him the link to this blog because we're sort of in a fight now. But if you are reading it Pratyush, I just want to thank you for being there for me. You have taught me that an amazing friendship can be established in just 2 months. And I rarely ever say this to anyone and if I do, I mean it- I love you. Not as anything else, but as a friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment